Join our team!
DK Hostetler Inc. got its start nearly 100 years ago as a neighborhood lumber yard in a barn in Belleville, Pennsylvania. Since then, we've grown into a regional manufacturing and service provider for truck bodies and trailers.
Why not join our team so you can be here when we celebrate our centennial? We offer company-paid employee health insurance, a competitive working wage, opportunities for advancement, and a chance to build products and your career with a company that's looking forward and backward at the same time. We value our past, and the future that you will help us build.
We are often looking for skilled assemblers, laborers, machinists, electricians, welders, and others with manufacturing experience, and especially those with the American work ethic, the ability to learn, and a desire to improve themselves and carry on the DK Hostetler tradition of quality and integrity. Complete the form below to share your contact information and qualifications with us.
Hostetler Truck Bodies and Trailers
As a Secretary at Hostetler Truck Bodies & Trailers, you will assume the duty of clerical and administrative support in order to optimize workflow procedures in the office. You will assist colleagues and executives by supporting them with planning and distributing information. You will be the point of reference for all queries, requests or issues and will be an integral part of the company’s workforce.
- Answer phone calls and redirect them when necessary
- Manage the daily/weekly/monthly agenda and arrange new meetings and appointments
- Prepare and disseminate correspondence, memos and forms
- File and update contact information of employees, customers, suppliers and external partners
- Support and facilitate the completion of regular reports
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Check frequently the levels of office supplies and place appropriate orders
- Make travel arrangements
- Document expenses and hand in reports
- Undertake occasional receptionist duties
- $12 - $15 an hour - Full-time or Part-time
- Proven work experience as a secretary or administrative assistant
- Familiarity with office organization and optimization techniques
- High degree of multi-tasking and time management capability
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Integrity and professionalism
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Time Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 5 years (Required)
- Administrative: 5 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
As a Parts Sales Associate at Hostetler Truck Bodies & Trailers, you will provide excellent customer service by assisting customers promptly and courteously with their purchases and efficiently processing their orders. You will answer questions and provide information as needed, generate sales through excellent customer service, encourage add-ons and up-sells. You will perform all job responsibilities in a safe, timely and efficient manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promptly assist customers at counter. Ask pertinent questions, provide information they may need, take orders and provide excellent customer service.
- Conduct yourself in a professional and ethical manner at all times. Treat external and internal customers and associates with courtesy and respect.
- Data entry and retrieval on computer system, including entering of customer orders, branch transfers, obtain quotation information, inventory information, pricing.
- Follow up on customer orders, resolve problems to the customer’s satisfaction, respond timely to customer.
- Answer telephones professionally and pleasantly, assisting customers, taking orders and providing excellent customer service.
- Provide product/job quotes as appropriate.
- Continuously update product knowledge through any available resources. Stay informed and educated as to product inventory and applicability. Know location of merchandise in warehouse.
- Effectively communicate to customers any relevant policies and/or procedures regarding purchases, returns, credit terms, etc.
- Accurately fill customer orders as needed by retrieving requested material.
- Accurately and safely load & unload trucks as needed.
- Check in and put away material, verifying quantities and quality of received material. Maintain clear isles and walkways. Ensure material is properly organized.
- Assist in maintaining appearance of branch as needed, straightening, cleaning counter area, warehouse, bathrooms, etc.
- Report back orders and/or material discrepancies.
- Accurately perform cycle counts as required.
- Perform all duties in a safe manner, following all safety rules. Inform manager of any potentially hazardous conditions.
- Perform vehicle and/or forklift inspections as required.
- Assist in year end physical inventories as requested.
- Perform other responsibilities as directed.
Abilities and Physical Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and arms to finger, handle, feel, carry, or reach. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance or stoop; kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 25 lbs. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 50 lbs. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 100 lbs. The employee must be able to safely tolerate heat in the summer and cold in the winter. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear; read and identify numbers for accurate order filling and receiving of material, payment processing, etc. The employee is regularly required to apply sound reasoning and logic in performing daily tasks. The employee is required to be able to safely operate a forklift, pallet jack and/or wire-cutting machine.
Job Type: Full-time or Part-time
- $20,000.00 to $38,000.00 /year
- Upselling: 2 years (Preferred)
- Forklift: 1 year (Preferred)
- sales: 1 year (Preferred)